Thursday, January 28, 2010

future plans and general career aspirations after graduation from PDS/IMU Clinical School

“The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see, and knows what the mind cannot understand.” - Robert ValettThough I have yet to taste “life” as people ahead of me have always mentioned and my outlook towards life is still coated with lots of hope and enthusiasm, I know deep down that no matter what circumstances I am in, my heart is always right.

This is because if you separate my dreams from me, I think I would have lost meaning and purpose of my life as I have lost my identity. For each step I have taken so far has been towards my goal which is to be an educator.

An academician needs to be well-versed in the field interested, and hence, after graduation from IMU clinical school, I would like to do my post graduate studies in the UK. However, I would complete 2 years of compulsory government service first to gain more clinical experience before going abroad. After getting my post graduate degree, I would then like to finish off my last year of compulsory government service at a public university as a lecturer. Whether I would continue my government service or to work at a private institution, it would all depend on the opportunities offered.

At the end of the day, I hope to contribute in shaping passionate dental surgeons of the future because that is where my interest lies.